Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Biting Bugs Gallery (link)

This spring I started writing blog posts for Tender Corporation's After Bite® "Insectlopedia" website. I am actually subcontracted by HFS Communications, and they have been very good to work with. Consequently, I will be routing you to the Insectlopedia blog periodically. It deserves traffic, and will be a good resource if I have anything to say about it.

Here is a primer on biting insects and arachnids that I wrote recently.

Meanwhile, I just got a big box of Tender Corp products to try, and believe me, with the mosquitoes in the wake of the rains from the wettest May on record for Colorado, I will be trying out the repellents in earnest.

4 comments:

  1. I like it, Eric. I like the inclusion of the occasional nuisance biters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This reminds me, I'd love to know then name of the fly that looks like a tiny housefly or flesh fly (grey, striped, chubby, but smaller than an Asian ladybug) and bites my ankles painfully (and is annoyingly fast to fly away) whenever there's an offshore breeze on the Jersey shore. Any idea?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shoot, I forgot to include the Stable Fly, Stomoxys calcitrans! That is the critter you are describing. Unless I am around a farm, or the zoo, I rarely see them. You're right, though, what a pest!

      Delete

Blog author currently unable to reply to reader comments, nor comment himself. Working to resolve this.